Central Synagogue, originally known as Anawath Chesed, was founded in 1846 by immigrants from Prague and the nearby regions of what was then Bohemia. In 1864 the congregation took over an old church building at Avenue C and Fourth Street, and by 1869 it has decided to move uptown.
In a city where Christian churches predominated, the resulting building was a spectacular work of horseshoe-shaped Moorish arches in two colors, which twin towers topped by globes with gilded handling. The congregation also installed specially designed streetlamps on the sidewalks.
PicSheet is a tool made for providing some features for Instagram contents. This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram.