Had an absolute blast today shooting for @onelife_athletic and @alphareps_apparel! I’m so thankful to be apart of such an awesome team, if you haven’t already make sure to give them a follow. We got BIG things coming!
Seated front raise into shoulder press!
Obviously had to get a pump on before the shoot so I decided to hit some shoulders and traps. This is what I used for today’s finisher and it was brutal! I’ve never done this movement before today, but I’ll definitely be adding it in more. It burned my shoulders right out, the best way to end a pump!
1. Sit upright with a tall spine and your core engaged
2. Slowly raise the weight all the way above your head, once you’ve reached the top ensure to pause for a second and ensure the weight is stable before moving to the press
3. Slowly lower the weight down to your shoulders and explode back up
4. After completing a press, return your arms back down to your sides by lowering your arms in a front raise position
5. Ensure to push the weight up with your elbows on the raise and ensure to keep your forearms vertical during the entire press
6. Ensure to use a light weight with a slow and controlled motion
If you have any pre-existing shoulder injuries I’d suggest skipping this one as raising your arms all the way above your head can be tough on the shoulder joints. Always listen to your body and NEVER push through the pain, it’s not worth it!
DM me for a customized training plan designed to your goals!
I hope you all have an awesome day! 😎💪🏼
PicSheet is a tool made for providing some features for Instagram contents. This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram.