HELLO, BAL HARBOUR! Yeah, we could get used to roosting here @nmbalharbour. So many shoes. So little time. Essence dietitian @elianebenlolo and @eatlikemonica are flapping our butterfly wings at the employee health fair this afternoon sprinkling some nutrition know-how for your favorite sales associates. Pop by and bring us some crispy tuna rice from @makoto, or, uh, ANYTHING from inside the store!
Photo by @jordancbraun featuring @gemwater
إذا كان بناء العضلات هو هدفك ، فمن المهم الحصول علي ما يكفي من البروتين لتقوية بناء العضلات. نوصي باختيار اللبن اليوناني عند صنع السموذي لاحتوائه على نسبة بروتين عالية. يعتبر اللبن مصدر غني بالكالسيوم والذي يساعد على انكماش العضلات. أيضا الكالسيوم مهم لتحسين قوه العظام بعد رفع الاثقال. البابايا والزنجبيل تمدك بالعناصر المضادة للالتهابات للمساعدة في منع الأكسدة.
If muscle gain is your goal, it’s important to get enough protein to allow for muscle repair. We recommend choosing a Greek yogurt-based smoothie for higher protein content. Yogurt is also a great source of calcium, which helps with muscle contraction. Calcium is also great for improving bone strength after weight lifting.. Papaya and ginger provide anti-inflammatory benefits to help prevent oxidation.
·كوب ونصف من البابايا المقطعة
· مكعب ثلج
· نصف كوب من اللبن اليوناني خالي الدسم
· ملعقتين من الزنجبيل
· نصف كوب من عصير الليمون
· نصف ملعقة من رحيق الصبار
· إضافة بعض من أوراق النعناع
· 1 ½ cups papaya, chilled and cut into chunks
· 1 cup ice
· ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
· 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
· Juice of half a lemon
· 1 teaspoon agave nectar
· Leaves from one sprig of mint
I have been slacking pretty hard lately, time has NOT been on my side 😩, so turning to those quick and easy to prep healthy staples has been life saving.
Not prioritizing our time properly (ie not making our own health numero uno☝🏻) can in fact be a major culprit in making poor food choices. Take the time to do things right- your body will thank you for it ❤️ I’v listed 👇🏻 a few of my FAV quick and easy ‘im too busy to make fancy healthy complicated foods right now’ meals!
1. Sweet potato fries (fries?) I cut these bad boys into little circles- mainly because it saves time and is much easier, I also think they cook better like this. Super simple- preheat oven to 375, cut sweet potatoes and toss with avocado oil (EVOO or coconut oil work great too), toss in some sea salt, pepper, cayenne pepper(🌶), garlic powder, and/or whatever other spices you love and bake for 30-40 minutes.
2. Rice paper wraps- these are a DEFINITE go to- if you’ve never wrapped anything in rice paper before, it may seem tough at first, but don’t worry, you’ve got this! Again, super simple, I throw in some peppers, onions, avocado, sprouts, sometimes chicken, sometimes quinoa... honestly, whatever I have! These babies are so versatile, you can wrap anything. And to make things even more interesting... 😏... you can eat them raw OR bake them OR lightly fry/sauté them in a bit of avocado oil 🤤, whatever you’re in the mood for.
3. Yogurt bowl- This seems like an obvious simple breakfast idea but to be honest I kind of forgot about yogurt bowls for a while 🤔... so maybe some of you did too? I also find actual smoothies just not as satisfying in the cold winter months, so I like to mix things up. Also, I have made the switch to Goats milk yogurt, and my body is so thankful for it. I love throwing in things like chia, hemp, whatever fruits I have in the fridge that day, bananas, the possibilities are endless.... and because I love a little extra sweetness in my life.... and because sometimes I like to have a yogurt bowl in bed at night - I know, bad Chelsea - I really enjoy adding a little (or big) scoop of coconut whip on top!
PicSheet is a tool made for providing some features for Instagram contents. This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram.