Had to repost this FB memory. Prayer is the cornerstone of our Faith. It is essential to our spiritual health. With out it, we cannot expect the power and authority of God to continually be apart of our lives!
“Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.”
1 3017 minutes ago
Know that He is with you, every second of the day, wherever you go. ———————————————————————————
✨Matthew 28:20 ‘Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’
0 418 minutes ago
Below are a few red flags that may indicate that you are no longer a priority of yourself:
1. You make excuses for toxic behavior.
2. You do not hold others accountable for their behavior.
3. You are a relational martyr due to the distorted definition you hold concerning loyalty.
4. You focus solely on others potential while closing your eyes to what their lack of care, effort, and consistency tell you about them.
5. You accept apology after apology without seeing changed behavior or you see the bare minimum amount of effort meant to manipulate you into remaining loyal/believing in the toxic person.
6. You constantly feel unseen, unheard, uncared for, taken advantage of, angry, resentful and bitter because you repeatedly choose not to set healthy boundaries.
7. You allow others to blame you for EVERYTHING without checking the facts to make clear what is and isn't your fault or in your control.
8. You allow yourself and others to minimize your feelings, experiences, hopes, dreams, wants and needs.
These 8 things are just a few explains of how we allow ourselves to slip from being priority number one to a place of unrecognized brokenness and truthfully I've been that person far too many times, but I've also fought my way through the painful terrain of hell, through the difficulties truths about my own distorted sense of self and thinking, to finally be in a place where I rarely feel guilty for asserting my boundaries, speaking what I feel, and most importantly for opening my eyes to see people for who their consistent behavior proves them to be and no longer just focus on all they have the potential to be.
Healthy people make themselves a priority, unhealthy people neglect themselves and become martyrs for dysfunctional.....but full of potential to be healthy, good, caring, respectful, considerate etc...people.
There is no virtue in damaging yourself by tolerating the toxic behavior of others. Virtue is found within boundaries.
Trust me, you deserve more!
I was once the doormat for those who are toxic....NOT ANYMORE,
PicSheet is a tool made for providing some features for Instagram contents. This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram.