A D V I S O R S • 1.1
Today I was put through my paces and glute activation exercises by my dear friend and exercise guru, @zeniaaaw at @swiftmovementacademy - she is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and I certainly would not entrust my body with anybody less qualified than her. I did a video testimonial for her because she is absoGLUTEly awesome at what she does!
Never heard of an AEP? Here’s a bit of an explanation:
1. They specialise in helping patients get fitter for all around good health, or to treat patients with a medical condition through exercise.
2. They have undertaken lengthy tertiary study and have a wide range of knowledge about the human body and the benefit that exercise has on it, both mentally and physically.
3. They are knowledgeable about the effects that exercise has on the musculoskeletal system, as well as on the cardiovascular and endocrine systems.
4. They can prescribe a course of exercises for either fitness or rehabilitation. Pilates may be recommended, also home based or gym based exercise routines.
5. Basically, they are much more than your standard Personal Trainer!
If you are bio-mechanically out of whack, struggle with glute development or are in frequent pain, like me, I highly recommend you seek the advice of an AEP. Obviously, great nutrition, mindset and a healthy attitude to exercise are important, but if you can maximise all that effort in the gym, you’d be CRAZY not to have an AEP on your A-TEAM!
PicSheet is a tool made for providing some features for Instagram contents. This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram.